The (Successfully Tackling Oppressive Poverty) – Stop project delivers skills & support interventions to increase employability skills in individuals aged 16+ to any age across South West Wales.
0844 870 7568
The Stop project comprises of a friendly, down to earth team working across Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, NPT & Powys on an outreach basis, supporting and mobilising individuals aged 16+ who are economically inactive and long term unemployed to move towards healthier choices, gaining skills and supporting participants to enter volunteering, employment or self employment.
WHAT WE DO
- Support individuals via 1-2-1 interventions + advice sessions
- Support individuals in raising confidence, aspirations and helping them explore opportunities for building confidence, social inclusion and skills for employment or volunteering
- Train individuals on a 1-2-1 basis, at home or at group training sessions
- Support individuals into Volunteering, Work Experience Placements, Employment or Self Employment
WHAT WE DELIVER
- Accredited short qualifications at Level 1, 2+3 in H&S for any work role, Customer Service for any work role, Personal Licensing for Pubs & Retail, Construction, Care & Social Care, Fire Safety, Security Training
- Work certificates such as CCNSG, CSCS Cards, SIA Training
- Work Tasters & Volunteering opportunities to increase exposure to work environments
- Job Searching & CV Writing sessions and Interview Skills sessions
WHO WE CAN HELP
We aim to help ALL individuals referred to our project aged 16+ we can help individuals who fit into one of the following scenarios but please call our team to discuss your referral as we can help most referrals:
- Individuals aged 16+ or 18+ leaving school not entering college / university or further education or work
- Individuals aged 16+ on JSA (Not on the work programme)
- Individuals aged 16+ not claiming ANY benefits but economically inactive and not in further education or school
- Individuals aged 18+ on ESA (Not on the work programme)
- Individuals aged 18+ Recently on ESA over 12 months but moved to JSA (But not on the work programme or other project)
- Individuals aged 18+ on IS / PIP / DLA / UC (Not on the work programme)
All individuals referred need to live outside of a Communities 1St area and must NOT be on the Work Programme / Work Ways / Work Choice / PACE or other project
If you want to check if your post code is in a Communities 1st area click HERE.
HOW WE WORK
We work on an outreach basis in each county and via our ‘Stop Hubs’ in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthen, Swansea & Powys to provide our participants on the project with support, skills and work tasters using dedicated support workers and trainers.
Participants can be supported via a dedicated Barrier Fund for transport, childcare, and where eligible further learning costs to overcome barriers and ensure opportunities are accessible.